Friday, August 14, 2009

Tues 3rd Feb 09 - 1 day post op

*entry from paper journal*
Day after surgery. Feeling good so far. Went visiting Margie (brother in laws mother who had same day surgery) at 4.30am this mornin, I could hear her chatting to her roomate so I was nosey and went to investigate.
Physically doing well, walking, getting up and down ok. Have to support stomach while doing so for slight pain - largest incision where the port is the most painful but bearable - more of an ache.
I was pretty dozy after the surgery - my first ever hospital stay. Hated coming out of the anaesthetic in recovery, freaked me out a bit, wanted to rip the tubes from my nose and arms ... eeewww.
Slept relatively well during the night, only really woke up when the nurse came in.
Margie and I went walking around the ward at 6am as well as the adjoinging ward, that was nice and early - think the nurses were a bit shocked to see it.
Very restless today and not wanting to lie in bed, preferring to sit instead, it's less aching on my back.

So all n all - feeling fine, wait for Dr Watson's visit to see if I can go home.
Fingers crossed.

For the record, the nurse informed me the doctor isn't coming till late, but if I feel fine, I can go home - so by 9am - I was on my way. 26 hours in hospital all up!!
Happy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment